We are providing these dolls for many reasons -
- They promote role play, so important as it allows children to practice real life scenarios in a safe environment.
- They teach children about cultural and gender diversity. Hopefully promoting a culture of respect within our children.
- They are made in Spain from phthalate-free vinyl and are BPA free, so are a safer alternative to toxic plastic used in some toys.
- They help children to develop skills with dressing and the logistics of getting clothes on and off.
- They are anatomically correct, jointed limbs and realistic eyes. They also have an amazing scent!
And our favourite reason? Because my children LOVE them. My girls have 5 between them at the moment in different nationalities and genders.
The dolls have sparked conversations about different cultures, differences in appearance, and geography. We have looked up names from different countries, favourite foods, traditional dress, housing and so many more things.
We hope through miniland dolls you can share these important conversations and types of play with your children too. And all the other doll play fun!
(Like carrying the doll and the pram with a full load of shopping after you made it very clear to you little person you wouldn't and they need to push it the whole way...)
*Crochet romper sold separately! Doll arrives in singlet and underpants.